EnergyAxis delivers fully functional AMI and Smart Grid solutions that enable your utility to operate at its full potential. From the management system software to the widest selection of distribution network and in-premise devices, EnergyAxis solutions are field-proven and offer the functionality, reliability and security that can meet and exceed the needs of any utility.
EnergyAxis is designed for residential, commercial and industrial applications. It supports multi-utility operations (electricity, water and gas) with a single head end and network. EnergyAxis is scalable to multi-million meter deployments while being cost-effective for smaller utilities or targeted strategic deployments.
As your source for the entire development process, we bring the right people, technologies and strategic partners together to achieve your system goals, while providing rapid return on your investment.
Everything you need to make your Smart Grid initiative a success. EnergyAxis provides the ultimate in utility choice while mitigating risks of stranded assets as technology advances.
- EnergyAxis Management System: The EnergyAxis Management System is proven by years of exceptional performance in real world integrated utility environments. This state-of-the-art head-end system enables utilities to measure, monitor, manage, and control the widest selection of network elements available today.
- Systems integration: Our standards-based, open architecture head-end system is designed to seamlessly integrate with your enterprise systems.
- Gatekeepers: Gatekeepers manage and serve as access points to the EnergyAxis 900 MHz mesh local area networks. Providing robust LAN network management as well as routing, prioritization, and management of network element data, gatekeepers enable the utility to implement a highly scalable, secure, and cost-effective communications infrastructure
- Network elements: Elster offers the industry’s widest variety of system-enabled and commercially available meters and modules for electric, gas and water: including residential and C&I meters, integrated service disconnect/reconnect switches, and low voltage and medium voltage transformer monitors from Elster and other respected industry providers.
- Flexible multi-technology architecture: EnergyAxis is designed to work with various communication network infrastructures including both point-to-point public and private networks, as well as the EnergyAxis mesh local area network. Proven to work reliably in very remote and rural applications, as well as urban and suburban deployments, EnergyAxis is structured to allow seamless integration of existing and emerging technologies for communication with network elements.
While other solution providers sell proprietary technologies or protocols, EnergyAxis is engineered on open standards, interfacing with a range of powerful third-party technologies, to provide you with the widest choice of communication paths possible, from IP, cellular, WiFi or whatever system your utility wants to use.
- Distributed intelligence: EnergyAxis pushes intelligent devices further out onto the network, embedding communications and Intelligence Into meters, gatekeepers, grid sensors and control elements. This increases network efficiency and improves security and reliability.
- Security: The EnergyAxis System’s comprehensive built-in security protects your network, keeping utility and customer data safe from intrusion better than any system in the industry.
- Automated network management: Our RF mesh network is self-configuring…self-managing…self-healing, automating key processes for your utility.
- Unified communications network: EnergyAxis provides a comprehensive portfolio of communications options integrated into a field proven, secure smart grid network infrastructure that supports a large variety of both public and private WAN technologies as well as the industry’s most proven 900 MHz mesh LAN technology.
- Reliability: With over 125 years of experience in real-world utility environments, EnergyAxis System components are proven to last—even in the most extreme conditions.
- Interoperability: EnergyAxis is the most interoperable Smart Grid communications network available. Our open standards based solutions are designed to work with a myriad of components and applications. We partner with numerous smart grid technology providers and apply relevant technologies to answer utility requirements.
- Scalability: The architecture of the EnergyAxis network and software provides the ultimate in scalability. Designed to support millions of network elements, with scalability proven in highly successful large scale deployments, EnergyAxis enables you to meet your utility needs today and in the future with confidence.
- Auditability: EnergyAxis ensures direct traceability of the meter data – key to both Sarbanes-Oxley compliance and creditability with consumers.